Let’s take a minute to remember all the great VETRI-moments this year:
- January: The VETRI team is preparing for the ITO. VETRI aims to set gold standards in terms of compliance, which means an extensive video KYC as well as registering our parent company, Procivis AG, as a member of the Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) VQF which is supervised by FINMA, Switzerland’s financial market regulator.
- February 1: The VETRI Presale sells out within the same day
- February 24: VETRI crowdsale starts. The entire ITO raised a total equivalent of 10.7m USD.
- March: VETRI is one of the first companies to move into Trust Square
- April 27: VLD starts trading on Lykke
- June: VETRI’s parent company Procivis announces the launch of its digital identity solution in the Swiss Canton of Schaffhausen after a successful pilot phase.
- July 13: release of the roadmap to MVP, announcement of collaboration with CreativeDock as well as the change to our definite name: VETRI.
- August – October: VETRI #buidling phase. The rapidly growing team works on building decentralized technology, forging partnerships, defining business cases and spreading the word about VETRI at events across the world.
- November: The development of VETRI ecosystem has progressed a lot faster than expected which allows us to release our Proof of Concept already in November. The PoC shows how requests can be added to the marketplace, how data can be added to the user’s wallet via plugins with Google and Facebook and how the entire token and data flow can be handled via a smart contract.
- November 19: Also in November, VLD wins the Ethfinex community vote and is added for trading on Bitfinex and Ethfinex.
- December: release of the Procivis eID+ version 2.0. The version 2.0 includes the possibilities for the digital signing of documents as well as a greatly improved user interface. The deployment of the new version to our client, the Canton of Schaffhausen will start mid-December. The full migration is expected to be completed in the new year.
- December: we have made significant progress regarding the legal establishment of the VETRI foundation. We will be able to make an official announcement and introduce you to our board members in early January.
VETRI has come a long way over the past year – 8 people with a vision transformed into a team of 30 in full execution mode. This would not have been possible without the dedication of each and every one of our team members as well as our supportive community here in Switzerland and around the globe. Thank you to all of those who have in one way or another contributed to making VETRI become a reality!
But we aren’t done just yet. The first three months of the new year will be dedicated to security testing, UX/UI redressing and bringing together the different parts of the VETRI ecosystem to guarantee a successful launch of the MVP in 2019! Stay up-to-date through our newsletter or follow us on Twitter!